Trans-Plantable Living Room is a unique and exciting creative collaboration between an international team of performance makers, a network of farmers, gardeners and permaculture designers and oral history archivists, working together to create local gardening-based performances in September at World Stage Design in Cardiff, and Central School of Speech & Drama in London.
Trans-Plantable Living Room aimed to create a positive environmental and community impact through the following:
Growing: community gardens grew edible plants, fostering food growing skills and opportunities.
Devising: community story-telling workshops and oral history interviews, collecting people’s stories.
The Living Stage: portable beds and walls made of recycled packaging filled with the edible plants.
Performance: activated the edible, living stage through performance inspired by stories from the community.
The International Collaborative Trans-Plantable Team includes:
• Plantable Performance Research Collective (UK, Canada, USA)
• The Living Stage (Australia)
• Green Stage (London and Wales)
• Riverside Community Garden (Wales)
• Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens (Wales)
• Adamsdown Community Garden (Wales)
• Edible Landscapes (Wales)
• People’s Collection Wales
Trans-Plantable Living Room is supported by:
• Artist’s Project Earth – http://www.apeuk.org
• World Stage Design – http://www.wsd2013.com/whats-on/tanja-beerplantable-trans-plantable/
• Edes Foundation
• Our Food play competition – ourfood.org.uk
• Our WeFund Supporters